I just saw this on TUMBLR and fell in love. I love how it is a great spin on the classic friendship bracelets & is a great gift idea for any friends close or far away. I just want to make these in every design, such a great idea!
- Cut six pieces of crochet thread (size 10), each about 30 cm in length. Do this for all three colors you want to use in your braid.
- Attach the six pieces together with glue and a box clasp at one end. Repeat for the other two colors.
- Take a piece of large link chain around 18 cm long and measure it against your wrist. Add or take off links with pliers until you are satisfied with the fit.
- Open the first link and thread on the three box clasps in any order.
- Start braiding, making sure that each color is threaded through the chain links in sequence.
- Stop braiding three links before the end of the chain and attach three more box clasps on the ends.
- Open up the last link of the chain, thread on the box clasps and a lobster clasp, and close the link with pliers.