I am a recent fan of the KIEHL’S lavender gently exfoliating body scrub. The scrub is amazing but the only problem is the price point. For those of you like me looking to save some money but not willing to put aside your beauty basics, here is the answer!
Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub
1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
2 cups Turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw)
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon Vanilla extract (or your favorite essential oil)
Directions: Combine the two sugars in a bowl and mix to incorporate. Add olive oil and stir. Mix in honey and vanilla. Store in an airtight jar and enjoy!
* This is a coarse scrub, if you would like a more gentle scrub you can substitute brown sugar for the turbinado sugar.
* Always exfoliate before shaving to prevent irritation and achieve a better shave.
* You may add more olive oil to your jar after packing if you desire a different consistency.
* Oil will settle in the jar so stir before using.
* I do not recommend using this scrub on your face. It is intended for use on the body only.