I don’t think I am the only person in the world who does not know how to fold a fitted sheet.. then again I could be wrong? In fact I don’t even attempt to tackle this life long failure of mine, I know I will end up loosing.. I start off with patience trying to fold it neatly but by the time I am half way done I loose all motivation and crumble the sheet into a ball and throw it in the back of the closet.
Well if you are anything like me, there is hope! I found this about a month ago although I have not attempted to use it yet (due to a bit of hostility to the folded sheet) so If anyone gives it a try PLEASE let me know how it goes! It looks simple… Right?
Steps as easy as 1-2-3!
1. With the sheet inside out, place one hand in each of two adjacent corners.
2. Bring your right hand to your left, and fold the corner in your right hand over the one in your left, so the corner on top is right side out. Next, reach down and pick up the corner that is adjacent to the one that was in your right hand (it will be hanging in front), and fold it over the other two; this third corner will be inside out.
3. Bring the last corner up, and fold it over the others so it is right side out.
4. Lay the sheet flat, and straighten it into the shape shown above.
5. Fold the two edges in, folding the edge with elastic in first, so all elastic is hidden.
6. Fold the strip into a smaller rectangle.
7. Continue folding until rectangle is the size you want.
8. TA DA you are DONE! (Give your self a pat on the back and pour a large glass of wine!)
note: directions made for a right-handed person; if you are a “leftie” then use the hand opposite the one suggested above